South Cambodia Adventure
4 Days | 3 Nights | From $899 USD
Cambodia is not just about temples and the Mekong River, there’s also the picturesque southern coast to explore.
If you love riding, relaxing, eating and drinking then look no further than this chilled out 4 day adventure.
The best bits about the South Cambodia Adventure
- relaxing and swimming in relative seclusion on Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island)
- a scrumptious seafood lunch looking over the Gulf of Thailand
- an afternoon Kampot Bay River cruise
- learning to cook a Cambodian dish at the homestay
What to expect
- This adventure is 4 days of motorcycle riding. When you’re not riding or sightseeing you’re relaxing.
- During the dry season Cambodia can be hot. Not to worry, we provide sunscreen, unlimited bottled drinking water and stop regularly for rest breaks.
- The riding surface is mixed terrain, anything from perfect bitumen to dusty dirt roads.
- A variety of accommodation ranging from a simple beach style bungalow, to a homestay to a 4 star hotel (everyone get’s their own room – only couples share rooms).
- Popular Kampot along with small and quiet places off the beaten track.
All times and distances are approximations due to variables such as: group size, riding speed, road conditions, weather, rest stops, activities and lunch breaks.
Day 1 Phnom Penh to Kampot
Kampot is all about fabulous restaurants and beautiful French Colonial architecture. The town is picturesquely situated on the riverbanks of the Preaek Tuek Chhu with views of the majestic Bokor Mountain in the background.
Kampot is quickly turning into one of the most popular getaways in Cambodia and it’s easy to see why.
- 170 km/106 mi (5 hrs)
- Late afternoon Kampot Bay River boat cruise
- 4 star hotel
Day 2 Kampot to Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island)
After a 20 minute boat ride from Kep jetty and your’e on Koh Tonsay (Rabbit Island). It’s a tiny Island, the main beach front is only 250m long and sprinkled with charming little wooden beach style bungalows. Each one has it’s own balcony and hammock to chill out in.
The seafood available at the quaint beachfront restaurants are scrumptious and super fresh and the drinks are cold. Go for a swim, read a book and simply relax by the sea.
- 50 km/31 mi (2 1/2 hrs)
- lunch in a restaurant at the Crab Market looking over the Gulf of Thailand
- boat ride to the island
- beach style bungalow
- Koh Tonsay is off the grid, so only generator power is available which runs from approximately 5pm to 10pm. Bring a book to read and a power bank to charge your electronic equipment. The experience is totally worth it for the tranquility, seclusion, swimming, food and surprisingly cold beer available on the island.
Day 3 Koh Tonsay to Takeo
Spend the morning swimming and walking around the island before heading off to a pepper plantation for lunch. Kampot Pepper is world famous for it’s superior quality, you might be surprised by the work involved in growing this much loved spice.
The accommodation at the homestay in Takeo is more like a guesthouse. It’s family run and the food is top notch local cuisine. If you love to cook, be sure you take the opportunity to learn how to make a few Khmer dishes.
100 km/62 mi (3 1/2 hrs)
- visit a pepper plantation
- You may have to share a bathroom at the homestay but everyone get’s their own room
Day 4 Takeo to Phnom Penh
Say goodbye to the lovely family at the homestay and it’s back to the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh.
- 120 km/75 mi (4 1/2 hrs)
- Not included
- all accommodation (beach bungalow, homestay and 4 star hotel)
- everyone gets their own room unless you travel and share with your significant other
- 4 x lunches
- 3 x breakfasts
- 1 x dinner
- support vehicle (with 4 or more customers)
- unlimited bottled drinking water
- Kampot Bay River cruise
- entry to a pepper plantation
- boat trip to Rabbit Island
- minimum 2 x English speaking guides (Sam and or Emily always go on tour)
- hotel pick up/drop off
- sunscreen and mosquito repellant
- a free mini video of your adventure
- and a free gift bag (t-shirt, cap, krama (Cambodian traditional scarf), drink cooler (stubby holder), international power adaptor, rechargeable torch and a map of Cambodia)
Important tour information
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Dinners (except for the ones included in the itinerary)
How much does it cost?
Terms and Conditions
CMA Terms and Conditions and CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called the Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. A $200 USD deposit is required on booking to ensure a place on a tour. The full balance is due and payable 45 days prior to departure. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply.
2. Should you need to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing by email. The cancellation charges shown below are those which will apply to most tours a) 45 and more days before tour start date – retention of deposit b) 44-25 days before tour start date – 50% c) 29-14 days before tour start date – 90% d) Less than 14 days before tour start date – 100%.
3. Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of the insurance policy. All claims must be made direct to the insurance company. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance and are responsible for ensuring that their personal travel insurance gives protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of personal belongings, medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate and appropriate cover. Clients should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in their tour. Clients should satisfy themselves that all travel insurance purchased meets their particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
4. Should the number of participants booked on any tour not meet the minimum requirement for the Company to operate a tour, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. Your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another tour to your satisfaction.
5. Clients are responsible for arranging, and must be in possession of, a valid, acceptable passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into the country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
6. We cannot accept any liability for any change, cancellation or delay in your transportation or during your tour whether any change, cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport supplier, airline or airport authority, action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown, industrial action or any other event or circumstance outside our control. Where long flight delays result in lost tour time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. It is in recognition of the above that we recommend your travel insurance policy offers some monetary compensation for flight delays over 12 hours to cover lost tour time or delayed return.
7. It may be necessary due to certain circumstances (“force majeure”) that the Company will need to make changes to tour itineraries and or cancel tours. “Force majeure” means any event which the Company could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside our control. ? No refund will be considered in the event such circumstances.
5. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with the Company. If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as a hotel manager), the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or during a tour is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or wellbeing of the client or any third party (including any other clients of the Company) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. Where a client is excluded, the Company will have no further responsibility towards them (including any return travel arrangements) and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion. In the case of ill health, the Company may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act (for example, causing any damage) the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person or have any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the proposed tour and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person develops after your booking has been confirmed.
CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called The Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. I hereby agree that I shall participate entirely at my own risk and that I, my successors, executors and administrators will release, indemnify and not instigate any claim, demand or expense against The Company for any personal injury, loss of life or damage to personal property suffered during or subsequent to the events of the day.
2. I acknowledge that any road, whether sealed or unsealed, may have sandy or rocky surfaces with exposed tree roots and other defects either hidden or exposed, as is the nature of roads in Cambodia.
3. I agree to obey and observe all rules and directions given during the tour, whether given in writing or verbally by The Company and that The Company has the right to exclude me from any tour for non-adherence to any rule or direction given.
4. I accept that I am permitted to participate in a guided tour on condition that I ride safely with due care and regard for other tour participants or property.
5. I acknowledge that motorcycle riding, whether as a rider or passenger, can be dangerous and that participation in a guided tour organised and promoted by The Company may expose me to the possibility of injury or death, and further, I acknowledge that the way other tour participants may ride is outside the control of The Company.
6. I acknowledge that there may be no, or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of participants if participants are injured.
7. I agree to wear appropriate motorcycle safety equipment at all times and that I am medically fit to undertake such a tour.
8. I agree that I have read and understood this indemnity release and acknowledgement statement and agree that participation in a tour whether guided or unguided is entirely at my own risk and I sign this indemnity as a condition of participation.
Sam & his team are incredible! Extremely knowledgeable of the best spots to visit in Cambodia and are so easy to get along with! This is an experience you defiantly wont forget! Thanks Sam & Co, especially for your help within the Kampot area! Absolute legends!
Upcoming tour dates
Book this tour
The booking form will load once you have selected a date.