Temple Raider Adventure
8 Days | 7 Nights | From $1869 USD
6 Days | 6 Nights | From $1569 USD
For the temple enthusiasts out there look no further than this adventure.
There’s something so magical and mystical about the temples in Cambodia that even if you don’t love them, you will be converted.
So jump on a motorbike and channel your inner Lara Croft and Indiana Jones. You won’t be disappointed.
This adventure starts and ends in Phnom Penh. If you don’t wish to return to Phnom Penh then there is an option of finishing the tour in Siem Reap.
The best bits about the Temple Raider Adventure
- Wandering around the temple ruins in Banteay Chhmar as though you were Indiana Jones
- Angkor Wat, it’s world famous for a reason and it’s amazing
- Getting away from the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh and cruising across the remote northern Cambodian countryside
- Experiencing first hand the local Cambodian way of life
What to expect
- It’s 7 days of motorcycle riding. This adventure has the perfect balance between riding, resting, activities and sightseeing.
- During the dry season Cambodia can be hot. Not to worry, we provide sunscreen, unlimited bottled drinking water and stop regularly for rest breaks.
- The riding surface is mixed terrain, anything from perfect bitumen to dusty dirt roads.
- A variety of accommodation ranging from a simple homestay to guesthouses to 4 star hotels (everyone get’s their own room – only couples share rooms).
- Touristy Siem Reap and small quiet towns off the beaten track.
All times and distances are approximations due to variables such as: group size, riding speed, road conditions, weather, rest stops, activities and lunch breaks.
Day 1 Phnom Penh to Kampong Cham
Riding to Kampong Cham is the perfect way to start a Cambodian motorcycle adventure. A mix of road and dirt riding off the main highway. It’s a great opportunity to get familiar with the bikes.
There’s the temple Wat Maha Leap to explore and two Mekong ferry crossings.
Kampong Cham is right on the Mekong River, it’s a city but not as busy as Phnom Penh.
- 160 km/100 mi (5hrs)
- 2 x Mekong River ferry crossings
- Wat Maha Leap temple
- 3 star hotel
Day 2 Kampong Cham to Krong Preah Vihear
Krong Preah Vihear is not even close to being a big city or a tourist destination. But what it lacks in excitement it gains in sheer Cambodian hospitality. It’s the home of our favourite guesthouse and Cambodian family. There’s mum (who we aren’t allowed to call her by any other name) and her daughters Sethida and Sethira. Warning! Be prepared to get spoilt.
- 250 km/155 mi (6 hrs)
Day 3 Krong Preah Vihear to Anlong Veng
Anlong Veng is completely off the tourist trail even though it’s a historically significant town. It was the last stronghold of the Khmer Rouge and also where Pol Pot was tried and executed under mysterious circumstances in 1998. It’s a very poor town which is located right on the Thai border. The locals are super friendly and the marketplace is lively, rich in colour and produce. There’s a fair chance that you might just be the only tourists staying in town.
- 70 km/ 106 mi (4 1/2 hrs)
Day 4 Anlong Veng to Banteay Chhmar
Banteay Chhmar is a commune of 14 small villages surrounding a 12th century temple complex. The accommodation is a community based homestay where all proceeds go back into the community and to the restoration of the temples. Intricate bas-reliefs adorn the temple ruins telling stories of overcoming enemies and the local way of life. Wander through the temple grounds, climbing over boulders and rocks which once were buildings as if you are Indiana Jones.
- 140 km/87 mi (3 1/2 hrs)
- Late afternoon Banteay Chhmar archaeological site tour
Day 5 Banteay Chhmar to Siem Reap
If you’ve had your fair share of rice and noodles then Siem Reap will not disappoint. It’s the tourist capital of Cambodia and there are so many bars and restaurants you will be gobsmacked for choice. Siem Reap is also home to one of the most famous tourist attractions in South East Asia, Angkor Wat.
- 170 km/106 mi (5 hrs)
- 4 star hotel
Day 6 Siem Reap
Imagine you’re Lara Croft and get amongst the temples of Angkor: Ta Prohm, Bayon and of course Angkor Wat. A local expert Cambodian guide will explain the ins and outs of this world famous archaeological site.
- Non-riding day
- Angkor Wat archaeological site tour
- 4 star hotel
Day 7 Siem Reap to Kampong Thom
The final archeological site on the Temple Raider Adventure is located in Kampong Thom. Sambor Prei Kuk (which is even older than Angkor Wat ) dates back to the 7th century. The name means “temple in the richness of the forest” and is also the most recently UNESCO listed World Heritage Site in Cambodia. There’s approximately 100 temples scattered over 840 ha’s and the architecture and art developed here laid the groundwork for the unique Angkorian Khmer style.
- 150 km/93 mi (4 hrs)
- 4 star hotel
Day 8 Kampong Thom to Phnom Penh
Head back to Phnom Penh via the Sambor Prei Kuk temple complex. Expect to arrive back in the capital by 3:30 pm
- 190 km/ 118 mi (6 1/2 hrs)
- Sambor Prei Kuk archaeological site tour
- Not included
Please note that this itinerary is subject to change.
- all accommodation (homestay to 4 stars)
- everyone gets their own room unless you travel with your significant other
- 8 x lunches
- 7 x breakfasts
- 2 x dinners
- support vehicle (with 4 or more customers)
- unlimited bottled drinking water
- Angkor Wat temple complex tour
- Banteay Chhmar temple complex tour
- Sambor Prei Kuk temple complex tour
- 2 x Mekong River ferry crossings
- minimum 2 x English speaking guides (Sam and or Emily always go on tour)
- hotel pick up/drop off
- sunscreen and mosquito repellant
- a free mini video of your adventure
- and a free gift bag (t-shirt, cap, krama (Cambodian traditional scarf), drink cooler (stubby holder), international power adaptor, rechargeable torch and a map of Cambodia)
Important tour information
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Dinners (except for the ones included in the itinerary)
How much does it cost?
8 Days / 7 Nights
- Group booking of 5 or more riders $1869 USD per person
- Couples booking $1999 USD per person
- Individual booking $2199 USD per person
6 Days / 6 Nights
- Group booking of 5 or more riders $1569 USD per person
- Couples booking $1699 USD per person
- Individual booking $1899 USD per person
Terms and Conditions
CMA Terms and Conditions and CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called the Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. A $200 USD deposit is required on booking to ensure a place on a tour. The full balance is due and payable 45 days prior to departure. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply.
2. Should you need to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing by email. The cancellation charges shown below are those which will apply to most tours a) 45 and more days before tour start date – retention of deposit b) 44-25 days before tour start date – 50% c) 29-14 days before tour start date – 90% d) Less than 14 days before tour start date – 100%.
3. Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of the insurance policy. All claims must be made direct to the insurance company. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance and are responsible for ensuring that their personal travel insurance gives protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of personal belongings, medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate and appropriate cover. Clients should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in their tour. Clients should satisfy themselves that all travel insurance purchased meets their particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
4. Should the number of participants booked on any tour not meet the minimum requirement for the Company to operate a tour, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. Your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another tour to your satisfaction.
5. Clients are responsible for arranging, and must be in possession of, a valid, acceptable passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into the country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
6. We cannot accept any liability for any change, cancellation or delay in your transportation or during your tour whether any change, cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport supplier, airline or airport authority, action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown, industrial action or any other event or circumstance outside our control. Where long flight delays result in lost tour time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. It is in recognition of the above that we recommend your travel insurance policy offers some monetary compensation for flight delays over 12 hours to cover lost tour time or delayed return.
7. It may be necessary due to certain circumstances (“force majeure”) that the Company will need to make changes to tour itineraries and or cancel tours. “Force majeure” means any event which the Company could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside our control. ? No refund will be considered in the event such circumstances.
5. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with the Company. If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as a hotel manager), the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or during a tour is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or wellbeing of the client or any third party (including any other clients of the Company) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. Where a client is excluded, the Company will have no further responsibility towards them (including any return travel arrangements) and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion. In the case of ill health, the Company may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act (for example, causing any damage) the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person or have any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the proposed tour and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person develops after your booking has been confirmed.
CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called The Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. I hereby agree that I shall participate entirely at my own risk and that I, my successors, executors and administrators will release, indemnify and not instigate any claim, demand or expense against The Company for any personal injury, loss of life or damage to personal property suffered during or subsequent to the events of the day.
2. I acknowledge that any road, whether sealed or unsealed, may have sandy or rocky surfaces with exposed tree roots and other defects either hidden or exposed, as is the nature of roads in Cambodia.
3. I agree to obey and observe all rules and directions given during the tour, whether given in writing or verbally by The Company and that The Company has the right to exclude me from any tour for non-adherence to any rule or direction given.
4. I accept that I am permitted to participate in a guided tour on condition that I ride safely with due care and regard for other tour participants or property.
5. I acknowledge that motorcycle riding, whether as a rider or passenger, can be dangerous and that participation in a guided tour organised and promoted by The Company may expose me to the possibility of injury or death, and further, I acknowledge that the way other tour participants may ride is outside the control of The Company.
6. I acknowledge that there may be no, or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport of participants if participants are injured.
7. I agree to wear appropriate motorcycle safety equipment at all times and that I am medically fit to undertake such a tour.
8. I agree that I have read and understood this indemnity release and acknowledgement statement and agree that participation in a tour whether guided or unguided is entirely at my own risk and I sign this indemnity as a condition of participation.
Had a fantastic time touring with Cambodian motorcycle adventures, from getting to large temples where your the only ones there, having school children running after you waving and practicing the few words of english they have just leant.
Traveling along everything from freeways to goat tracks and everything in between, sometimes even on the same road! The bikes were great and made it comfortable to ride on main roads and even off road at a pace that was comfortable for me.
Every place we stayed the night was far more than i expected for rural cambodia, but the food is probably the other main reason i enjoyed this adventure so much, every restaurant we stopped at was far better than most places i tried in the citys. And far better than any Cambodian restaurants i’ve been to since.
I can’t wait to be able to get back for my next adventure!
Upcoming dates for the Temple Raider Adventure
Book this tour
The booking form will load once you have selected a date.