Kampong Cham Adventure
2 Days | 1 Night | From $299 USD
If you’ve only got two days to do a motorcyle tour in Cambodia and would love to see some countryside, temples and the Mekong River then this is it.
There are no specific dates for this adventure listed. So, all you need to do is let us know when you would like to go.
The best bits about the Kampong Cham Adventure
- 2 x Mekong River ferry crossings
- See Wat Maha Leap, the last standing wooden temple in Cambodia
- Wander through the 11th century temple, Wat Nokor
- Phnom Pros, the site of two giant gloden Buddha statues and a Khmer Rouge killing field.
What to expect
- Cambodia can be hot. Not to worry, we provide sunscreen, unlimited bottled drinking water and stop regularly for rest breaks.
- It’s unlikely that you will be travelling with a motorcycle helmet in your luggage. That’s ok, because we have a helmet for you to use.
- The roads are mostly tarmac with a few dirt roads. We ride at a safe pace, so you are able to take in the scenery – it’s not a race.
All times and distances are approximations due to variables such as: group size, riding speed, road conditions, weather, rest stops, activities and lunch breaks.
Day 1 Phnom Penh to Kampong Cham
Depart Cambodia’s capital city Phnom Penh at 10 am, cross the Tonle Sap and Mekong River by ferry and head for Kampong Cham, which lies on the banks of the “Mighty” Mekong River.
Ride through local villages, agriculture and industry. Visit Wat Maha Leap, the last wooden temple that’s still in use in Cambodia.
Spend the afternoon scouring the local market and have a relaxing drink or two by the world renowned river.
- 160 km/100 mi (5 hrs)
- 2 x Mekong River ferry crossings
- Wat Maha Leap temple
- 3 star hotel
Day 2 Kampong Cham to Phnom Penh
Ride back to Phnom Penh via two very interesting temple sites: Wat Nokor which is an 11th century Angkorian temple and Phnom Pros, aka “Man Hill”.
Phnom Pros is home to two giant golden Buddha statues and hundreds of mischievous monkeys. Tragiclly it is also the site of a very large Khmer Rouge killing field.
Lunch is in Skun, fondly known as “Spiderville”. There aren’t huge spiders running freely around town for those who aren’t a fan. Instead they are sold on the side of the road as deep fried snacks. Try one if you dare!
- 140 km/80 mi (5 hrs)
- Wat Nokor temple
- Phnom Pros
- Not included
- accommodation (3 star hotel)
- everyone gets their own room unless you travel and share with your significant other
- 2 x lunches
- 1 x breakfast
- 1 x dinner
- unlimited bottled drinking water
- entry to Wat Maha Leap
- entry to Wat Nokor
- entry to Phnom Pros
- 2 x ferry crossings over the Mekong
- minimum 2 x English speaking guides (Sam and or Emily always go on tour)
- hotel pick up/drop off
- sunscreen and mosquito repellant
- a free mini video of your adventure
- and a free gift bag (t-shirt, cap, krama (Cambodian traditional scarf), drink cooler (stubby holder), international power adaptor, rechargeable torch and a map of Cambodia)
Important tour information
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
How much does it cost?
Terms and Conditions
CMA Terms and Conditions and CMA Indemnity Release and Acknowledgement Statement
This agreement is made between Cambodian Motorcycle Adventures (CMA); it’s directors, employees or agents (hereafter called the Company) and myself, the undersigned, as a guided motorcycle tour participant.
1. A $200 USD deposit is required on booking to ensure a place on a tour. The full balance is due and payable 45 days prior to departure. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and cancellation charges will apply.
2. Should you need to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing by email. The cancellation charges shown below are those which will apply to most tours a) 45 and more days before tour start date – retention of deposit b) 44-25 days before tour start date – 50% c) 29-14 days before tour start date – 90% d) Less than 14 days before tour start date – 100%.
3. Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of the insurance policy. All claims must be made direct to the insurance company. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance and are responsible for ensuring that their personal travel insurance gives protection for the full duration of the tour in respect of personal belongings, medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, with adequate and appropriate cover. Clients should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in their tour. Clients should satisfy themselves that all travel insurance purchased meets their particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
4. Should the number of participants booked on any tour not meet the minimum requirement for the Company to operate a tour, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. Your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another tour to your satisfaction.
5. Clients are responsible for arranging, and must be in possession of, a valid, acceptable passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into the country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation.
6. We cannot accept any liability for any change, cancellation or delay in your transportation or during your tour whether any change, cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport supplier, airline or airport authority, action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown, industrial action or any other event or circumstance outside our control. Where long flight delays result in lost tour time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. It is in recognition of the above that we recommend your travel insurance policy offers some monetary compensation for flight delays over 12 hours to cover lost tour time or delayed return.
7. It may be necessary due to certain circumstances (“force majeure”) that the Company will need to make changes to tour itineraries and or cancel tours. “Force majeure” means any event which the Company could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside our control. ? No refund will be considered in the event such circumstances.
5. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with the Company. If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as a hotel manager), the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or during a tour is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or wellbeing of the client or any third party (including any other clients of the Company) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. Where a client is excluded, the Company will have no further responsibility towards them (including any return travel arrangements) and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion. In the case of ill health, the Company may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act (for example, causing any damage) the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises. If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person or have any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the proposed tour and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person develops after your booking has been confirmed.
Perfect for anyone who wants to get out and explore with a knowledgeable and adventurous tour guide.
Bikes are well maintained and very comfortable for any length of ride. They’ll even handle the tough dirt roads you occasionally come across.
Accommodation was amazing and perfect after a full day of riding.
Highly recommend the tour, I had the best time and would love to go again in the future.
Upcoming dates for the Kampong Cham Adventure
Please let us know in the booking form below when you would like to do this adventure.
Book this tour